Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Marketing Update

Greetings, everyone. I'm waiting until this weekend to send my next Eternal Perspectives column, but will update you with news of my recent marketing, etc.

The Washburn Cultural Center book fair was a blast. I was one of nearly a dozen other authors set up to sell our books. Although the attendance was light, I enjoyed kibbitzing with the other authors, exchanging notes about how we market our books, and other subjects important to writers.

I took a trip to the U.P., where I visited the Calumet Library. I'll be giving a talk and reading there next spring sometime.

November dates are filling up fast. Here's what's scheduled so far:
Nov. 7 Display of my books at my local church during a Harvest Celebration
Nov. 15 Display/reading with other authors at Redbery Books, Cable,WI 1-3 PM
Nov. 21 Talk and reading at the Vaughn Library, Ashland, 10-11 AM
Dec. 5 Book signing, Northern Lights Bookstore, Duluth, 2-3 PM
Dec. 12-13 Signing @ Washburn Cultural Center Holiday Boutique, 10-4 & 11-3

There are lots of exciting venues to explore, lots of interesting people to meet, lots of opportunities for ministry in this new venture. I foresee an important trip to Alaska, and am considering the possible purchase of a small camper. We'll see how that plan unfolds.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to finish outside projects! With the rain and cold, it's been put on the back burner. Now, come rain or cold, I must get it done.

I wish you happy reading, productive writing, joyful serving the Lord. Sally

No comments: