Monday, December 8, 2014

GOD'S WORD IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS LETTER EVER!




Have you read it through? From page one through the last word, His Word points to Jesus, our savior, our creator and king. Following is my very humble letter to you about a few of the blessings God has sent my way. What blessings has He sent your way in 2014?

ETERNAL PERSPECTIVES             by Sally Bair

A Christmas Letter

Dear friends and loved ones, this letter comes compliments of God and me. The many blessings I’ve received this past year, I owe to Him. I also owe you, my readers, thanks for all your uplifting comments about my columns. I value each one of you and hope to continue blessing you with God’s wisdom and strength.

Winter 2013-14: long, cold, and snowy. No mosquitoes. Crisp, clean air. A time when everything took longer to accomplish. My time spent with Him, however, was more valuable to me than the billions of bejeweled, sun-soaked snowflakes we received.

I took to walking at the local rehab center, which graciously opened its hallways for us wimpy northerners who fear falling on icy paths. I continued leading my Bible study group. From my office window I enjoyed watching deer forage in my gardening neighbor’s yard.       

Spring 2014: long, cold, and snowy. Still no mosquitoes. A time to work on new writing projects, including my children’s books about Sasquatch. After reading about an alleged sighting of the big-footed creature, I couldn’t resist watching for him every time I drove down swamp-lined roads and walked area trails. I’m still waiting.

Summer 2014: short, cool, and wet. A benevolent writer awarded me with a scholarship to attend the Christian Writers’ Write-to-Publish conference. While there, God blessed me with a short visit with cousins I hadn’t seen for years, laughter and tears with dear friends, and time to schmooze with agents, editors, and other writers. As a result, I’m closer to publishing various writings. The season also allowed me to drive to the U.P. for my seasonal visits with my twin sister.

Fresh air, sunshine, exercise, and a bounty of fresh-picked veggies came in a delicious package that lasted for weeks, thanks to my neighbor who graciously allowed me to help in his garden. Thanks, Dick.

Fall 2014: short, cool, and wet. God blessed us with beauty beyond measure as the leaves turned to brilliant golds. I made a final trip to the U.P. until I return for Christmas—maybe. I’ll leave it in God’s weather-controlling hands whether I actually make it there. Chicken-hearted about driving on icy or snow-covered roads, my plans are tenuous.

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mind making request for you all with joy for your fellowship in the Gospel … being confident … that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:3-6)

           
           

No comments: