Monday, June 8, 2015

WHAT'S YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE?



God has a distinct purpose for each of us—in our endeavor to please Him by drawing others to His love. My prayer is that you know your purpose and remain focused on it for His glory and honor.


Eternal Perspectives   by Sally Bair

Thank you

Since I began publishing my devotional column in 2003, I’ve received countless encouraging comments. Many readers have advised me to include them in a book and now, The Nature of God: Daily Devotionals Celebrating Summer, is available! Subsequent seasonal books will follow.

The process of choosing, cutting, editing, and proofing each story from my nearly-600 published columns has been a constant reminder of God’s faithfulness and His incredible attributes so visible in nature. Every day I pray my readers will be blessed by the words He gives me. Some have asked me how I find my story ideas. They surround me—in Scripture, sermons, occasional comments by friends, and, of course, in nature itself.

As with most habitual mindsets, ideas come easier and faster over time. Perhaps, for example, you’ve been touched by the plight of an abused woman and it has flooded your brain with the compulsion to seek out and help others with the same needs. My experience in writing has been to glom onto an idea with the thought of how it will bring the readers to a clearer, deeper understanding of God’s love.

God has a purpose for each of us. Mine happens to be writing. Yours may be to work with the homeless. Raise a family using biblical principles. Haul garbage or drive truck. Read to the elderly. Pray. Whatever the task, we can be assured God is smiling at our joyful willingness to do His bidding.

“And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him ... do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men …” (Colossians 3:17, 23)

At times I’ve felt like giving up. Too tired, too busy, too distracted by surrounding problems to keep writing, I’ve resorted to recycling some columns. Perhaps you’ve recognized some. Regardless of how I feel or how the messages end up, I continue to be humbled by my task. I’m thrilled we still live in a country that allows freedom of speech and the publication of Christian literature. And I’m blessed to know my stories are being read and are blessing you.

If you’re a senior like me, you’ll be happy to know my new book is printed in larger-than-average type size. It is available on Amazon.com, on my website (www.sallybair.com), or by writing me at P.O. Box 186, Washburn WI 54891.

Lord, thank You for making Yourself known through creation. Bless those who are drawn to Your Word and those whom You’ve gifted with the ability to inspire others through writing. In Jesus’ name, amen.
           

No comments: